Our Process: Learn to Dance With Us Today
At Arthur Murray Dance Studio - Jacksonville, our dance process in Jacksonville, FL is unique and made to meet our individual students’ needs. When you first sign up at our dance studio, you will start with a 30-minute private sample lesson to introduce you to our instructors and the way we teach. After this sample lesson, you will then enroll in one of our medalist programs, where we will create a personalized dance program that meets your specific needs and desires. At our studio, we offer a wide range of different programs, private lessons, group sessions, dance events, and more. This diversity in setting allows each and every one of our dancers to get the experience they need to develop into the dancer that they want to be.
How Are Your Students Taught?
Arthur Murray Dance Studio - Jacksonville follows a customized protocol when you enroll as a student at our dance studio. Our teaching process is as follows:
You will begin with a private lesson from one of our instructors, where you will learn more about our studio and our style of teaching.
Your first dance program will be an introductory course. During this course, you will learn the basics of several different popular dances to see which ones you like the best and can learn the fastest and easiest.
One of our instructors will explain the Medal Standards to you. Then, together with your instructor, you will create a personalized dance program that will fulfill your specific dance needs and desires.
The majority of students who enroll at Arthur Murray Dance Studio - Jacksonville are interested in becoming social dancers. Our medalist programs are guaranteed to help you achieve this goal.
Our Medalist Standards are Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Gold Bar.
The degree of dancing you will achieve varies depending on your desire, goals, commitment, and interest in dancing.
Arthur Murray Dance Studio - Jacksonville will train you properly in the latest dance techniques, steps, and styles. It is true that we boast some of the top competitive couples in the world today.
Our Competitive Dance Instructors
At our studio, we are staffed with only the best instructors in the area and some of the best dancers in the world. Our instructors are all trained and certified to teach dance and have all danced or are currently dancing themselves. We believe that learning to dance requires teachers who are not only passionate about dance but are familiar with the process of learning themselves. That is why we are staffed with only top-of-the-line instructors. When you enroll as a student at our studio, you will gain direct access to our knowledgeable and skilled instructors. Additionally, at our studio:
- Our instructors are carefully selected and thoroughly trained in the exclusive Arthur Murray teaching method, ensuring that you receive the finest instruction in dancing.
- You will have a regular dance teacher who will be responsible for your progress. Periodically, you will have exchange lessons with other teachers, which will give you the experience and practice of adapting to a variety of dance partners and dance styles.
- You will have a buddy teacher that shares the responsibility of reaching your dance goals.
Enroll in Our Private Dance Lessons
As part of our dance programs, you will receive one on one personal dance training. During these private lessons:
- You will receive personalized instruction that will help you achieve your goals in dancing.
- Your instructor will spend the necessary time on technique, style, and general dance improvement.
- An up-to-date record of everything you have learned will be kept as part of your instruction.
Expand Your Skills During Group Dance Lessons
In addition to offering one-on-one private dance lessons, we also offer our dancers the opportunity to dance in group settings. When it comes to our group dance lessons:
- You will have the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners, develop good habits, and meet other students in the studio.
- Your teacher will provide you with a schedule of when the group lessons occur. There are different level groups throughout each day.
- They do not need to be reserved in advance. This will give you the necessary flexibility in your scheduling. You may show up to group dance lessons as your schedule allows you.
- We emphasize technique, style, and variation of patterns.
- You may be taught materials that your regular instructor has not yet introduced, and materials that have been reviewed will be practiced for improvement.
Have Fun and Get Exercise at Our Practice Parties
Our practice dance parties are full of fun and excitement. We hold them regularly to allow our students to let loose while practicing the skills they have learned during instruction. Our practice parties are:
- For all of our students
- Held twice a week
- A fun time where you will enjoy dancing with instructors and other students in a relaxed and comfortable environment
- An opportunity for you to practice and try out all the new dance skills that you have learned in your private and group dance lessons
Our Arthur Murray Dance Events
At Arthur Murray Dance Studio - Jacksonville, we enjoy hosting a variety of events for our students to enjoy during their studentship at our studio. Some of these events include:
An Arthur Murray Medal Ball is a gala dance event that honors students who graduate from one level of their dance program to the next. Our Medal Balls also allow students the opportunity to enjoy their dancing in a fun and elegant environment.
A showcase is a one-day event where students present dance routines with personalized choreography. These routines make an exciting addition to your Medalist Program because they allow you to develop showmanship and musical expression along with your social dance skills.
A Dance-O-Rama (or Dance Sport Competition) is an exciting two or three day event that brings students together from many Arthur Murray studios to compete at their level in dances of their choice. This requires specialized dance training to polish and perfect choreography, technique, and style.
Get Involved at Arthur Murray Dance Studio - Jacksonville
Our process in Jacksonville, FL is comprehensive. We have plenty to offer dance students at our studio. From our various programs to different exciting events, we offer everything that you could need to develop as a dancer right here in Jacksonville. When you get involved at our studio, you will not only learn to dance to the best of your ability, but you will enjoy every step of the process. We strive to make our studio not only an educational one but one where dancers come to express themselves. Over the years, we have worked hard to create a comprehensive process for our dancers to follow and grow from.